LIVE Futures: the movie

12 September 2008

V for Vicky

This time it's over to Victoria Agbontaen who's our third Year 11 workie.

Today at LIVE was OK. I had to finish transcribing a 30 minute interview which has taken me about TWO days to transcribe. This showed me that journalism isn't all about meeting and writing people and that there is a hard side to it. It showed me that if I'm really serious about becoming a journalist it's going to take a lot of hard work and effort. Journalism is all about getting out what you put in and even though I'm shook at the thought of it I think I'm ready for the challenge! And finishing that interview!

After I finished transcribing I had to go deliver some of the old issues of LIVE magazine to Effra Road, Brixton, and give them to a women called Sandra that works at a Radio Station called Play Vybz! It was kind of nerve-racking because I couldn't find her office and no one seemed to know where it was either but with my smart-wit and intelligence I worked it out and delivered them safely. Success.

To sum everything up, time really does fly when your having fun. It's my final day of work experience at LIVE magazine today, now I have to go back to school. JUST GREAT. I must admit today wasn't my best day here because all I've done is transcribe but on the other hand its been a really fun jam packed week and I'm sad to see it come to an end, but I will definitely be coming back here again. In six months time I hope to be music editor of LIVE so I'll be the first to here all the exclusive music and interview all me favorite artists. You know how I do. Overall, I hope that LIVE will be my guide to making it big in the world of journalism. This is the first proper piece I've ever written for a magazine but trust me. It won't be the last.

1 comment:

Emma Warren said...

Welcome to the real world of journalism. Transcribing is the worst part of the job but it's got to be done. Nice post.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro